Hello readers. You're in for a treat! Two reactions in two days, aren't you lucky? Today, as promised, I will be reacting to Time Heist. Enjoy!
About this Story
|No. of Episodes||1|
|Broadcast Dates||20th Sept 2014|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||4.93 million|
|Saibra (disguised), the Doctor, Clara and Psi enter|
the bank of Karabraxos
- Timey-Wimey - This episode did timey-wimey correctly. It resolved everything leaving no loose-ends to be tied up in later episodes, which is good as it wan't really a major thing. Like, some timey-wimey things are significant, and best left to create suspense, but this wasn't particularly major. The wrapping up of the episode gave it a nice standalone feel.
- Brilliant acting - Some fantastic acting from both the main and the supporting casts, with particularly great acting from Keeley Hawes and Peter Capaldi, but we kind of expected that anyway...
- Sets and Direction - I enjoyed the overall effect of the direction and pace of this episode, which gave a real sense of the urgency to rob the bank. The only lapse in this was the slow motion shots when they first enter the bank.
- "Those aren't tears, Clara. That's soup" - That's pretty much as graphical as Doctor Who gets these days, but it was brilliant! For me, it gave the Teller a real fear factor, but it's a shame it was ruined by it skipping off into the sunset with its mate at the end...
- Under-use of Keeley Hawes - Of what we saw of her, he acting was brilliant. However, she had very little screen time, which didn't really live up to the hype the BBC was giving her.
- Predictability - As soon as it was mentioned that the Architect used time-travel to place the briefcases in the bank, I knew it was the Doctor. Which was disappointing, because I was really getting my hopes up for a return of the Great Architect from Paradise Towers.
- Death Cop-Outs - The apparent deaths of Psi and Saibra gave an emotional touch to the story, and when the Doctor and Clara find what they wanted most you sympathised with them, because they died for it. But this was ruined when they are revealed to be alive.
Quote of the WeekPsi: "Still don't understand why you're in charge"
The Doctor: "Basically, it's the eyebrows"