About this Story
|Title||The Witch's Familiar|
|Broadcast Dates||26th Sep 2015|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||3.71 Million|
|The Doctor is trapped in the heart of the Dalek City|
- Julian Bleach - His performance of Davros was absolutely sublime. His scenes of dialogue with Peter Capaldi were brilliantly written and performed by both of them, developing both of the characters greatly. The highlight for me was the "Am I a good man?" scene.
- Clara-Dalek - This subplot was excellently acted by Coleman. A throwback to The Daleks, the inner workings of Davros' evil creatures were further explored here, with particular credit to the way the Dalek translates some phrases. I honestly thought that Clara was going to die in the Dalek casing, either by the Doctor killing her unknowingly or by not surviving her removal, and I think either of those would have been good exits.
- Missy - I think that she is better as an uneasy ally to the Doctor as opposed to the main antagonist to the Doctor. I particularly loved her interactions with Clara. Also, she poked Davros in the eye.
- Structure - It was a very different pace to usual Doctor Who. With only four core actors, there were a lot of character driven dialogue scenes, and not much action. For this particular story, it worked due to the heavy development of characters which would not have been the same if rushed.
- The Prophecy - This is an interesting idea and one I have my own theory about. I might make a post on it later on, but I think this really does have potential.
|The Doctor and Davros share some|
excellent scenes together
- Sonic Sunglasses - Not the direction I was hoping the show would go with Capaldi.... I was hoping for the more traditional, mature Doctor.
- Flaws in the Plan - I don't see how an attack from the sewers could kill the Daleks. Surely they could easily fly away?