About this Story
|Title||Into the Dalek|
|No. of Episodes||1|
|Broadcast Dates||30th Aug|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||5.2 million|
|The Dalek held captive aboard Aristotle|
- The Doctor - Brilliantly ruthless. In fact, my quote of the week down below reflects this.
- Daleks - I see we're back to the bronze Daleks, as opposed to the Rainbow Daleks. Good, Rainbow = ridiculous. Also, nice to see Daleks actually attacking a place, rather than just blowing it up from afar. Nice to see that classic "The door won't hold much longer" scene!
- Similar to Dalek - This episode reminded me so much of Dalek in quite a few ways. Which is good, because Dalek is probably the peak of Dalek stories in the revived series. The idea of a captive Dalek being restored to full health by a time traveller, only for it to go on a killing spree, then to be talked down to stop the killing. Gripping and tense stuff!
- Deaths - You might have noticed through other posts on this blog that death in Doctor Who is something that interests me. So, to have an episode with some actual real deaths that weren't reset by some wibbly wobbly shizzle was a big ups for me. Is this the end of the "Everybody lives!" era?
- Missy - Although I am liking how this story arc is going to be shaping up, the one thing I didn't like was how the snippet of Missy in this episode came right in the middle of the action, ruining the pace of the episode slightly, which was brilliant compared to last week's Deep Breath.
- Clara - The second part of series seven left loads of characterisation to be done for Clara, but in my opinion, having the Doctor pick her up from Earth in every episode isn't all that good. It takes away time from the episode as we need to meet all the other people in Clara's life. I think the writers need to focus on Clara's character before they extend her life on Earth and relationships.
- Rusty - Nope. Just nope. Why? You're ruining these classic monsters by making them allies. First ruin the Silurians and Sontarans with Vastra and Strax. Then the Cybermen with Handles. Big no.