About this Story
|Title||Robot of Sherwood|
|No. of Episodes||1|
|Broadcast Dates||6th Sept 2014|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||5.22 million|
|Robin Hood and Clara practice archery|
- References - I loved all the references in this story! Within the first few minutes there were references to Carnival of Monsters, as the Doctor thought they were in a miniscope, and The Crusade, when the Doctor recounted a battle with Richard the Lionheart.
- Pace - For me, I'd say the pacing of this episode was almost perfect. For me, it had the right amount of build-up and then the action parts of the story were very well placed, making the flow of the story seem natural. Definitely a great improvement over Deep Breath
- The Doctor - This episode represented some wonderful characterisations for the new Doctor. For example, we are shown that this Doctor is going to be a great deal more serious than his preceding incarnation.
- Classic! - This episode was a classic Medieval story. Personally, I like the Medieval stories from the classic era, such as The Time Warrior, and as far as I can remember, this is the first one since the show returned in 2005. I forgotten how much I loved this format until I was watching it!
- Recycled from Deep Breath - This episode has basically the same plot as the series opener only two weeks ago. However, I think this episode does it so much better than Deep Breath that I can almost forgive it.
Quote of the WeekThe Doctor: "I’m sorry, blood analysis. Oh! All those diseases. If you were real, you’d be dead in six months."
Alan-a-dale: "I am real."
The Doctor: "Bye."