Sunday, September 7, 2014

New Episode Reaction - Robot of Sherwood *SPOILERS*

Hello readers. Today I will be continuing this series of posts by giving my initial thoughts on Robot of Sherwood. Enjoy!

About this Story

TitleRobot of Sherwood
No. of Episodes1
Series No.
Episode No.
Series 8
Episode 3
Broadcast Dates6th Sept 2014
Overnight Ratings (UK)5.22 million
DoctorTwelfth Doctor
CompanionClara Oswald


Robin Hood and Clara practice archery


The Reaction

Highlights

  • References - I loved all the references in this story! Within the first few minutes there were references to Carnival of Monsters, as the Doctor thought they were in a miniscope, and The Crusade, when the Doctor recounted a battle with Richard the Lionheart.
  • Pace - For me, I'd say the pacing of this episode was almost perfect. For me, it had the right amount of build-up and then the action parts of the story were very well placed, making the flow of the story seem natural. Definitely a great improvement over Deep Breath
  • The Doctor - This episode represented some wonderful characterisations for the new Doctor. For example, we are shown that this Doctor is going to be a great deal more serious than his preceding incarnation.
  • Classic! - This episode was a classic Medieval story. Personally, I like the Medieval stories from the classic era, such as The Time Warrior, and as far as I can remember, this is the first one since the show returned in 2005. I forgotten how much I loved this format until I was watching it!


Low Points

  • Recycled from Deep Breath - This episode has basically the same plot as the series opener only two weeks ago. However, I think this episode does it so much better than Deep Breath that I can almost forgive it.


Quote of the Week

The Doctor: "I’m sorry, blood analysis. Oh! All those diseases. If you were real, you’d be dead in six months."
Alan-a-dale: "I am real."
The Doctor: "Bye."



Thank you for reading! Drop a comment with your thoughts or suggestions! They will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment