Sunday, November 2, 2014

New Episode Reaction - Dark Water *SPOILERS*

Hello readers. Was Dark Water as dull as dishwater, or was it sparkling spring water? I react to the first part of the finale below!

About this Story

TitleDark Water
No. of Episodes1
Series No.
Episode No.
Series 8
Episode 11
Broadcast Dates1st Nov 2014
Overnight Ratings (UK)5.27 million
DoctorTwelfth Doctor
CompanionClara Oswald


Clara comes face to face with a Cyberman


The Reaction

Highlights

  • Volcano Scene - A very intense, gripping few minutes of television. I was pretty much on the edge of my seat for the whole scene. And Danny's shock death also caught my attention before the titles even began, and then I was completely hooked on the rest of the episode. Also, loved the reference to Gridlock with the mood patches.
  • Concept of the Cybermen - Brilliantly creepy concept of Cybermen here! So when you die, you become a Cyberman. One reason I love this is because it was one of my theories, but also shows great power and intelligence to convert the dead, who outnumber the living, into Cybermen in order to take over the world. Also, very reminiscent of a Dalek plot in Revelation of the Daleks.
  • Nethersphere Design - Brilliant design of the Nethersphere. It was like an underground metropolis, and it is on the inside of a globe. I love it! Just a brilliant concept and it reminds me of the GoT title sequence...
  • Humour - It is as if Steven Moffat predicted fan reactions and poked fun at them. Fans were skeptical about the idea of iPads in Heaven, which is echoed by Danny, and Seb says "We do have Steve Jobs." Also, the Doctor didn't understand the swimming pool joke. And his psychic paper was full of swear words.


Low Points (Nitpick Section)

  • Role of the Cybermen - They didn't do much, did they? Though they're more for next week, I guess. This week was more about Missy's identity.
  • The Big Reveal - It's all too obvious. I wanted a more cryptic resolution, which is why I didn't go into much detail on my Master theory on Friday. Also, The Master is meant to be trapped in the pocket universe, so how did (s)he get out?
  • St. Pauls Cathedral - Like how did that happen?


Quote of the Week

Clara: "Speak for me again, I’ll detach something from you."




Thank you for reading! Drop a comment with your thoughts or suggestions! They will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment