About this Story
|Title||Before the Flood|
|Broadcast Dates||10th Oct 2015|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||4.38 Million|
|The Doctor faces the Fisher King|
- Beethoven's 5th - The little analogy for the whole episode in the pre-titles was great. The breaking of the fourth wall was effective, which would help the casual viewer to understand the concepts of the episode.
- Axe Chase - The scene in which Moran was stalking Cass down the Drum's dark corridors was perfect. The audio and visuals built up the tension brilliantly.
- Theme Tune - The different arrangement of the theme tune was a lot better than the usual one. It was probably the best use of the electric guitar this series, but hopefully the last...
- Clara - Her assumption of the Doctor's role over Cass and Lunn was convincingly performed by Jenna Coleman, who worked well with both of the guest stars
|Will Lunn escape the ghosts?|
- Fisher King - Don't get me wrong, I thought the design of this monster was excellent, but it was just underused. We never actually got to see it properly in action.
- O'Donnell's Death - It seemed rather pointless with the attack happening off-screen. It may have been more effective if she has actually died off-screen.