Saturday, September 20, 2014

New Episode Reaction - Listen (Take 2) *SPOILERS*

Hello readers. Last Sunday, as you may remember, I was in utter turmoil over this episode. However, I have sorted out my thoughts now and feel ready to write this post. I'll be back tomorrow with the reaction to Time Heist. Enjoy!

About this Story

TitleListen
No. of Episodes1
Series No.
Episode No.
Series 8
Episode 4
Broadcast Dates13th Sept 2014
Overnight Ratings (UK)4.81 million
DoctorTwelfth Doctor
CompanionClara Oswald


Clara faces the monster in Rupert's bed


The Reaction

Highlights

  • Atmosphere - The dark tone of the whole episode was brilliantly executed! It worked really well and had me on the edge of my seat at times. I also watched it in darkness, which is unusual for me, which added to the whole effect.
  • Lack of a monster - At first, the lack of a monster was a slight let down. However, upon reflection, it is a good thing, as it robs the fear of an identity, meaning you don't really know what to be scared of!
  • Background to Danny - The visit to Rupert was a brilliant touch to add to Danny's character background, and Orson was a great addition, adding extra suspense with a possible hint at Clara's future and life after the Doctor, inferring an upcoming departure? I hope not...
  • Young Doctor - We see Clara influence the Doctor's past once again when they visit the barn from Day of the Doctor. And John Hurt. Omgosh. I would have fangirled to death if I wasn't watching with a friend...


Low Points

  • Sanctury Base Six Suit - WHY IS ORSON WEARING IT? Isn't it from the 51st Century when Orson is only from the quite near future? So confusing for me...


Quote of the Week

Rupert: "He took my bedspread."
The Doctor: Oh, the human race. You're never happy, are you?



Thank you for reading! Drop a comment with your thoughts or suggestions! They will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment