About this Story
|No. of Episodes||1|
|Broadcast Dates||13th Sept 2014|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||4.81 million|
|Clara faces the monster in Rupert's bed|
- Atmosphere - The dark tone of the whole episode was brilliantly executed! It worked really well and had me on the edge of my seat at times. I also watched it in darkness, which is unusual for me, which added to the whole effect.
- Lack of a monster - At first, the lack of a monster was a slight let down. However, upon reflection, it is a good thing, as it robs the fear of an identity, meaning you don't really know what to be scared of!
- Background to Danny - The visit to Rupert was a brilliant touch to add to Danny's character background, and Orson was a great addition, adding extra suspense with a possible hint at Clara's future and life after the Doctor, inferring an upcoming departure? I hope not...
- Young Doctor - We see Clara influence the Doctor's past once again when they visit the barn from Day of the Doctor. And John Hurt. Omgosh. I would have fangirled to death if I wasn't watching with a friend...
- Sanctury Base Six Suit - WHY IS ORSON WEARING IT? Isn't it from the 51st Century when Orson is only from the quite near future? So confusing for me...
Quote of the WeekRupert: "He took my bedspread."
The Doctor: Oh, the human race. You're never happy, are you?