About this Story
|Title||Kill the Moon|
|No. of Episodes||1|
|Broadcast Dates||4th Oct 2014|
|Overnight Ratings (UK)||4.82 million|
|The Spider creature moves in to attack|
- Brilliant Monster - Those spider parasites were brilliant! Like a spidery-Vashta Nerada. Great to see the monsters attacking the helpless people rather than just the soldiers too! And that there was already an established threat before the Doctor showed up.
- Excellent Sets and Locations - The set design and lighting was brilliant. It gave it a spooky, eerie feel, which along with the directing, gave a very effective episode with a dark theme.
- Great Acting - The guest characters, on the whole, were brilliantly acted, particularly Hermione Norris as Lundvik. She gave a very edgy performance which was reminiscent of Lindsey Duncan in the Waters of Mars, for me. Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman once again delivered spectacular performances.
- Independence - I love it when the companions have to work independently without the Doctor when he is giving them no assistance, such as Donna and Rose in Turn Left. It shows that they're not just some puppet of the Doctor's, and it develops their characters with the decisions they have to make.
- Courtney - I just really didn't like the idea of this character. It seems so un-Doctor like to take a child into space and then abandon them, especially Peter Capaldi's Doctor. He just really doesn't seem the type to travel with a child on board. I hope she sticks to the classroom in the future....